It's difficult to choose between the capability of a powerful SUV and the versatility of a smaller vehicle for the demands of San Antonio, TX-area roads: the 2018 Buick Encore ensures you won't have to. A premium driving experience wrapped in a sleek, modern design that doesn't skimp on beautiful lines, this is one compact SUV that you'll always look forward to driving. From the streamlined body to the ample cargo space within, every inch of this 2018 model has been designed with your lifestyle - and your love of convenience - in mind. If you've been considering a compact SUV for your next car, Buick pulls out all the stops to bring a truly noteworthy competitor for 2018's newest vehicles.
The 2018 Buick Encore: The Best of Both Worlds
Measuring up at 168″ in length, 70″ in width, and 65" in height, the Encore is the smallest of Buick's crossover lineup for 2018
, but don't worry - there's nothing about this comfortable ride that feels small, from ample head and leg room to plenty of cargo space - up to 45 cubic feet with the rear seat area included. Made for tackling city driving as effortlessly as more rural destinations, you'll feel completely confident navigating the streets of Seguin or Selma, TX behind the Encore's leather-wrapped wheel.
The tight turning radius also means that snagging the best parking spot is a breeze, even during rush hour near New Braunfels, TX. Just grab the standard leather-wrapped steering wheel and start planning your shopping or errands - the responsive handling ensures that your 3-point turns won't turn into 10-point ones as you're navigating the lot. Cruise through downtown San Antonio on the opening day of the rodeo without breaking a sweat - you'll have the nimble maneuvering you need to navigate the infamous opening day traffic in complete comfort.
Ranked in the top five subcompact SUVs by US News and World Report, reviewers frequently praised the Encore's nimble handling and excellent turn radius. Its superior standard and optional safety features earned this model year a coveted overall 5-star designation from the National Traffic and Highway Safety Administration (NTHSA), as well. With ten different airbags installed as a safety standard, it's not hard to see why this subcompact SUV has turned a lot of safety-minded heads in the automotive industry.
2018 Buick Encore: Excellent Trim Options
With six trim options available for the 2018 Buick Encore, it's easy to find a luxe configuration that fits perfectly into your lifestyle, no matter where your day takes you. From feature-packed upscale trims to sporty trims made for taking on all of life's exciting destinations, Buick has gone above and beyond to give their drivers lots of choices this year:
• The 1SV may be the base model, but there's nothing basic about it. This economical model delivers the utmost in Buick quality, thanks to features like a 1.4-liter turbo engine, keyless entry and start, steering wheel-mounted controls for audio and phone calls, and a built-in 8" touchscreen infotainment system.
• The Preferred takes it up a notch with convenient style upgrades like color-keyed floor mats for both the front and rear, as well as a cargo cover for the back to keep the interior of the vehicle as sleek as the exterior. While these differences might not seem to be that much different, this trim level also opens up options for additional packages of features that would not otherwise be available.
• The Sport Touring adds an integrated sport spoiler unique to the trim, as well as exclusive 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels in Midnight Silver. Fog lamps help cut through even the most challenging weather, while a remote start system warms up or cools down the interior before you get in, keeping your cruises through Schertz or Seguin completely comfortable.
• The Preferred II takes safety very seriously, giving you alerts for rear cross traffic as well as side blind zones to avoid accidents on the road. A 120-volt power outlet also gives you additional options for charging your digital devices on the go, while smart interior features like dual-zone climate control with automatic regulation ensure that the last mile of your journey is just as comfortable as the first.
• The Essence goes luxe with special touches like heated driver and front seats, a heated steering wheel, and leather-appointed seating that looks and feels phenomenal. The passenger seat also enjoys 6-way adjustable settings, while the driver's seat boasts a handy memory setting for the best seat in the "house," every time.
• And finally, the 2018 is available with Premium trim, which delivers the finishing touches its name implies. From rainsense wipers that keep the road ahead looking clear in San Antonio storms to a 7-speaker Bose sound system that will bring your favorite music to vivid life, this is the trim for the driver that demands the best. You'll even find front and rear park assist technology at this trim level: a big benefit for drivers that find parallel parking in the New Braunfels area a challenge.
Each trim level offers Encore owners a different luxe experience, and each comes with its own array of interior and exterior color options, as well as optional accessory packages that deliver convenience and comfort for every ride.
Customize Your Ride
The 2018 Buick Encore
comes with 9 attractive exterior color options, one standard white hue and 8 premium add-on finishes that are available for many of the trim levels, as shown:
• Standard Summit White (available in all trim levels)
• Coastal Blue Metallic (available as a premium add-on for all trim levels)
• Ebony Twilight Metallic (available as a premium add-on for all trim levels)
• Black Cherry Metallic (available as a premium add-on for tall trim levels except the 1SV)
• Coppertino Metallic (new for 2018, available as a premium add-on for tall trim levels except the 1SV)
• Graphite Grey (available as a premium add-on for tall trim levels except the 1SV)
• Quicksilver Metallic (available as a premium add-on for tall trim levels except the 1SV)
• Winterberry Red (available as a premium add-on for tall trim levels except the 1SV)
• White Frost Tricoat (available as a premium add-on for tall trim levels except the 1SV)
as well as some perfectly-matched choices for the interior seats:
• Standard Ebony Cloth with Leatherette Trim (available in 1SV, Preferred, Preferred II and Sport Touring trim levels)
• Shale Cloth with Leatherette Seat Trim (available in 1SV, Preferred, Preferred II and Sport Touring trim levels)
• Brandy Leather-Appointed Seat Trim (only available in Essence and Premium trim levels)
• Ebony Leather-Appointed Seat Trim (only available in Essence and Premium trim levels)
• Shale Leather-Appointed Seat Trim (only available in Essence and Premium trim levels)
Each appealing combination serves to highlight the clean lines and aerodynamic styling of this peerless model year: with this many options, however, it might be hard to pick a favorite.
Once you've found the perfect color combination, it's time to select your optional add-on package to further customize your vehicle:
The Buick Interior Protection Package, which adds all-weather floor mats in passenger areas to prevent rain, snow, sleet, or even mud from getting into your carpeting, as well as an all-weather cargo area mat for keeping even the messiest cargo safely stowed. This package is available in Preferred, Sport Touring, Preferred II and Essence trim levels.
The Active Package, which gets you road-ready with a cargo-area tray that stows all of your favorite gear, as well as an accessory carrier hitch so you can take on any adventure fully equipped. This package is available in the Preferred, Sport Touring, Preferred II, Essence, and Premium trim levels.
The Road Trip Package, which will keep you set for the long haul with all-weather floor mats that can stand up to frequent rest stops along your route, no matter what the weather has in store. This package also includes roof rack cross rails for toting along those bulky cases, carriers, and sports equipment without losing cargo space inside. This package is available in the Preferred, Sport Touring and Preferred II trim levels.
The well-reviewed Safety Package, which will give you the rear cross traffic alert and side blind zone alerts that keep you even safer in all driving conditions. This package is a particularly smart buy for Encore enthusiasts with younger drivers in the family, as these alert systems help prevent some of the most common accidents on the road. This package is available in the Sport Touring trim level only.
Finally, the Experience Buick Package adds one of the most scenic features to your 2018 Buick Encore: the power moonroof, as well as 7-spoke 18" chrome wheels for even more aesthetic enjoyment. This package is available in the Preferred II, Essence, and Premium trim levels.
Need even more features? Optional dealer-installed accessories give you premium upgrades on everything from the stereo system to a roof-mounted kayak rack, letting you drive off the lot in an Encore that is, quite literally, customized to your lifestyle. Hitches give you versatility for equipment trailers, and cargo organizers keep your belongings right where you need them to be, rather than scattered over the cargo area after a few last-minute turns.
Stay Up-to-Speed with Technology
The 2018 model year has been a particularly forward-thinking one for Buick, and the 2018 Buick Encore is no exception. In addition to the 8" infotainment touchscreen console, owners are also able to add tried-and-true upgrades like OnStar service, as well as newer additions like a 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot for keeping you and your passengers connected on the go. That means effortless searches to find that beautiful park outside of Schertz, TX, or looking up the hours for your favorite restaurant for a late-night meal. You won't have to worry about spotty cell phone service when you have instant connectivity built into your dashboard - peace of mind that comes in handy on road trips in unfamiliar locales.
The hotspot is also a great option for families; younger riders will be able to watch movies, play games, and surf the web while you relax and enjoy the drive from your ultra-comfortable driver's seat. Even longer trips are easy when favorite songs, movies, websites, and more are available at the push of a button. Want some screen-free family time on your journey? Simply shut the hotspot off through your infotainment screen and enjoy conversation, non-digital games, and beautiful scenery instead - it really is that simple!
If your passengers prefer to use their smartphone while they're on the road, the infotainment system also offers easy smartphone integration, allowing you or your riders to access their personal music collections to play through the Encore's high-quality speakers. Hands-free calling capability also helps keep your eyes on the road, ultimately making every drive safer and preventing you from missing your most important calls. Prefer a little peace and quiet on your commute? Great news - the 2018 Encore also boasts Buick QuietTuning™ and Active Noise Cancellation technologies to keep unpleasant road noise to a minimum.
Find the 2018 Buick Encore for You
At Gunn Buick GMC, we're proud to have served discerning customers just like you for more than twenty years. Our full-service cat lot is conveniently located in Selma, TX and has the colors, trim options, accessories, and service you're looking for in a 2018 Buick Encore, period. This is a phenomenal vehicle and we can't wait to back it with our phenomenal service, giving you a car-buying experience that's low-stress and truly personalized. If you've been hunting for the best 2018 crossover SUV, we invite you to stop by our lot at 16440 Interstate 35 North in Selma, TX
and take a test drive for yourself. Once you experience the smooth handling, well-appointed interior, and breathtaking style of this sensational compact SUV, we know you'll want to make one your own. If you have questions about the Encore or our financing and approval process, we're happy to answer them: contact us today to get started