If you're looking for a heavy-duty truck that's full of torque but screams refinement, look no further than the 2018 GMC Sierra 2500. This is a large vehicle that offers great drivability but doesn't skimp on power or beauty. The exterior offers classic lines - with touches of chrome in the higher models and an overall grace in lines, there's no doubt that this Sierra offers a picture the owner can be proud of.
Like its smaller sibling the Sierra 1500, the 2500 is offered in three body styles - regular cab, double cab, and crew cab. All of these interior styles boast a great, roomy feel and a comfortable setting. The cabin is quiet and you'll be surprised with the smooth ride in motion, especially if you're more accustomed to bumpy work trucks.
Kelley Blue Book
gave the 2019 GMC Sierra 2500 an 8.3 consumer rating. There are other heavy-duty pickup trucks in its class that offer great towing and performance, but few can compare to the style and luxury offered here. It's definitely a choice to consider if you want a truck that functions while still maintaining a high appeal.
The Sierra 2500 features a 445 horsepower engine and can tow up to 23,300 pounds. There's more than enough power for most avid truck lovers with this model. More than the superior performance, the 2018 GMC Sierra 2500 gives you the upscale quality you crave in a top of the line automobile.
2018 GMC Sierra 2500 Trim Levels
The 2018 GMC Sierra 2500 is available in four trim levels. You get a few options to choose from with this heavy-duty truck, but the luxurious style is present in all trims. You can also upgrade features to make sure that you have everything you need. This might be the perfect choice for your everyday car or a vehicle you take out for special occasions. Even though it looks like it belongs on the showroom floor, you'll find the power is enough to get any job squared away.
The 2018 GMC Sierra 2500 is available in the following trim levels:
• Sierra. The basic trim level for this model is the Sierra. The exterior offers great lines and a quality appearance. It's available in a variety of colors and offers excellent performance with a 6.0L V8 gas engine standard. It comes equipped with a 7-inch touch display infotainment system and rear vision camera. It also features hill start assist and a StabiliTrak stability control system. This heavy duty pick up drives smoothly while still offering a great deal of towing capacity. The interior is comfortable, with great leg room and quality materials. The starting price for this trim is $40,195.
• SLE. The SLE comes equipped with all of the Sierra features plus a few additions and replacements. The 6.6L turbo diesel V8 is available for the crew cab and double cab configurations of this trim level. Digital Steering Assist comes equipped on the diesel models. The SLE has keyless entry and a remote locking tailgate. It also features LED box lighting for your pick up bed. The CMC infotainment system on this trim level is 8 inches, rather than 7. There's also a 4.2-inch diagonal driver information center. The starting price for this trim level is $46,496.
• SLT. The starting price for the SLT trim level is $51,695. The SLT comes equipped with all of the features on the SLE, plus a few improvements or replacements. Power adjustable pedals come standard in the crew and double cab models. Dual auto climate control comes standard in this trim and the front is a 40/20/40 split, leather-appointed bench seat. The seats come with heated outside seat cushions and seat backs. This trim comes equipped with a remote starter and 110-volt power outlet.
• Denali. The highest trim level, the Denali comes equipped with everything that's included in the lower trim models, plus a few additions or replacements. It features a signature Denali grille and 20-inch chrome cast aluminum wheels that add a touch more style to the exterior appeal of the truck. On the interior, you'll find heated and ventilated 12 way, leather-appointed, bucket seats. front and rear parking assist, and the Driver Alert Package comes included. This trim level starts at $57,795.
Exterior Design in the 2018 GMC Sierra 2500
The 2018 GMC Sierra 2500 is gorgeous but it's also made to be sturdy. The outside cab and frame underneath are made from heavy duty steel, built to withstand a beating from the environment and protect anyone inside. You'll notice that some Sierra 2500 models come with a hood scoop which adds and interesting look to the front of the vehicle. It's not only pleasant to look at, though. The purpose for this design is to allow cooler air flow under the hood to maximize the power of your engine - this feature is only standard on the Sierra's with diesel engines.
The LED headlights provide optimal function but they also give an updated and clean appearance to the front grill and back taillights. The bed is made of high strength steel, built to withstand regular rugged use. There's also a corner step rear bumper to make use a little more convenient for loading and unloading. The 2018 GMC Sierra is available with an EZ Lift tailgate.
The beautiful look of the front grille seems designed for style. But, like the hood scoop, that feature was also created to allow better airflow. This heavy duty pick up might look like a fancy and expensive toy, but it's built to perform as impressively as it looks.
Interior Features of the 2018 GMC Sierra 2500
If the outside of the 2018 Sierra 2500 was created for style, the inside was designed for luxury. You'll find a quiet cabin that filters out the noise around you, offering more serenity than most large trucks can deliver. The materials throughout, from the basic Sierra trim all the way up to the Denali, are of the highest quality. With the more expensive trim, there's a bit more opulence and style. But each of these trim levels boasts a very comfortable and attractive interior.
Heated and ventilated perforated leather seats are available on most trim levels. You might also include a heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel to your list of features for ultimate comfort. If you opt for the All Terrain interior, you'll get leather-appointed bucket seats, sill plates, heated steering wheel, and all weather floor liners. Cab sizes are available in standard, double, and crew. The standard features a large bench seating but no back seating. While the crew features seating for six and a full back seat. All of the cabs are quite spacious for the driver and passengers. There's plenty of leg room and the controls are easily accessible.
2018 GMC Sierra 2500 Safety Features
There are a number of safety features available on the 2018 GMC Sierra 2500 to keep drivers and passengers confident and secure on the road. Whether you're taking a long trip or just running to the store, safety technology can help you minimize risks on the road.
• Lane Departure Warning. Lane departure warning is available on the 2018 Sierra 2500 to alert you when you might be moving out of your lane if you haven't initiated your turning signal. This feature is excellent for drivers who might be on the road a long time and get distracted for a few seconds. It's also a great feature for newer drivers who need to build the habit of using their turn signal every time.
• Imminent Crash Alert. This alert system tells the driver if a front collision might be imminent, such as when a car ahead has stopped abruptly. The system also lets the driver know when they're following the car in front too closely for safety.
• Safety Alert Seat. This feature offers the driver a more tactile warning when there's a safety concern. The driver's seat vibrates mildly to alert the driver to watch road conditions for possible collision situations in front or beside their vehicle.
• Available Front and Rear Parking. When traveling below 5 miles per hour, this system provides alerts for the driver when objects appear in front of or behind their vehicle. This is an excellent feature for busy parking lots or congested city traffic. It allows you a warning when traffic is coming while you're trying to leave a parked space.
• Airbags. The 2018 Sierra 2500 comes equipped with 6 airbags to fully protect passengers in the event of a collision. This includes side airbags and a front head curtain.
• Intellibeam Technology. This function turns on the high beams automatically for optimal vision during inclement conditions.
• Hill Start Assist. As mentioned in the Sierra trim level description, Hill Start Assist comes standard with the 2500. The feature helps you more easily maneuver the heavy-duty vehicle up an incline by applying the brakes until you can switch to drive and accelerate the truck.
• Rear Vision Camera. The 2018 Sierra 2500 comes equipped with a rear vision camera to give you the full, unobstructed view behind the vehicle so that you can safely and confidently drive in reverse.
• Pro Grade Protection. All 2018 Sierra 2500 pick up trucks come equipped with Pro Grade Protection. This feature includes a 3 year/35,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, 5 year/60,000 mile roadside assistance, and a 5 year/60,000 Powertrain warranty. Included is a 5 year OnStar Basic plan and a 3-month service trial of the OnStar Guidance Plan.
• OnStar. The Pro Grade Protection plan comes with OnStar Basic for 5 years but you can upgrade to the Guidance plan if you prefer. The basic plan offers diagnostics, certain features of the My GMC Mobile App, and maintenance notification. The Guidance Plan includes Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance and WiFi Hotspot.
These safety features are designed to alert drivers to possible danger and to keep passengers and drivers as safe as possible on the road. No amount of technology can take the place of responsible driving.
The Advantage of Technology in the 2018 GMC Sierra 2500
Technology isn't just something that you'd like in your automobile. It's something that you need today. GMC recognizes their drivers' lifestyle and designed the Sierra 2500 to better suit your technological needs. Your phone, email, and other work and play apps are essential to the way you live your life and keep your schedule. So you'll find a wealth of technology available to keep you connected and in charge in the 2018 Sierra 2500.
• My GMC Mobile App. With the mobile app, you can control your Sierra 2500 from inside your house or a mile away. The app is downloaded onto your phone and you can use it to see where on the map your Sierra is at any time. You can also lock or unlock the doors, start the car remotely, and even monitor the Sierra's health, such as oil level and gas.
• GMC Infotainment System. The Infotainment system is available for all trim levels of the Sierra 2500. With this feature, you can use your color display touch screen to connect to your smartphone using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto Compatibility. You can download your own in-vehicle apps for your infotainment system or use the apps already stored on your phone. Bluetooth technology is available through your system for hands-free phone calls while on the road. This feature means that you won't spend time dangerously looking at your phone because the infotainment system does the searching for you. Play your own music, access your contact list, and upload navigation without missing a beat.
• Wireless Charging Pad. The wireless charging pad is available for the Sierra and is located in the center console. Charge any device while in route.
• Available 4G Wi-Fi. If you use your devices on the road, need to work from the car, or just take a lot of family trips, you never have to worry about not being able to access the internet away from home.
• Bose Premium Audio. This high-quality sound system is available for all trim levels.
Looking for a 2018 GMC Sierra 2500 in the San Antonio Area?
If you're looking for a 2018 GMC Sierra 2500 near Selma, Gunn Buick GMC
offers a full selection to fit your needs.
We serve the areas of Selma, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Schertz, and Seguin.
For sales call (210) 941-3838.
For service call (866) 719-9369.